A2S4100 ROM 3
The Apple IIc, Model A2S4100 is the compact Apple II (second model). The only true portable computer in the Apple II Family and the very first portable model from Apple. Introduced in 1984 (as AS4000), this computer was not only portable, but aimed at first time users with it’s true plug and play usability. With no user interface slots and a built in 5 1/4″ disk drive, all it needed was an external power supply (included) and a monitor to be up and running. The equivalent of five slot cards were built in to the Apple IIc motherboard. An Extended 80 Column Card, two Apple Super Serial Cards, a Mouse Card, and a disk drive controller card. This meant the Apple IIc had 128 KB RAM, 80-column text, and Double-Hi-Resolution graphics built-in and available right out of the box. All you had to do is plug in the printer, mouse or other accessory without worrying about an interface card.
The Snow White coloring scheme was only used on this model in addition to the the brand new ImageWriter II and other IIc specific accessories.
- Apple //c, model A2S4100, ROM 3, Platinum keyboard, disk drive door and volume control
- Power Supply //c, A2M4120
- Apple 9″ Monitor A2M4090, with stand
- Monitor cables – power and data
- ImageWriter II Printer, A9M0310
- Printer cables – power and data
- Apple IIc Packing List
- Original Manuals – Apple IIc Owner’s Manual, Setting up your Apple IIc, ImageWriter II Owner’s Manual, Monitor IIc User’s Manual, Monitor IIc Installation Instructions.
- Original Disks – 5 disks, System Utilities, The Apple at Work, The Inside Story, Exploring Apple Logo, An Introduction,The Apple at Play, Getting Down to BASIC (this one is not original, although they did salvage the label and put it on the sleeve).
- Apple rainbow sticker
- Disk holder with disks – approx 40 5 1/4″ floppy disks total (including IIc disks and a few blank ones)
- Kraft KC3 joystick – the top button doesn’t work and consider the other two buttons as a little flaky
This system all cleaned up to looking very Nice and all pieces came in together. No marker, no former stickers and no discoloration that I can see. Can’t promise there are no minor scuffs or scratches though, it was definitely used and is nearly 40 years old.
Note that this will ship in 2 or 3 boxes, and you will need to request a shipping quote – expect around $150 or more for shipping in the continental U.S.