Select from the following:
- Minimum Order
- Product Condition
- Shipping Damage
- Merchandise Return Procedures
- Limits of Liability
Processing fees, time, and fuel costs contribute to now requiring a minimum amount for an order (currently $10.00 for U.S. and $20.00 for other countries).
We NO LONGER SHIP anywhere within the State of Colorado due to burdonsome sales tax collecting and reporting, but you can have a local friend pick something up and mail it to you if you can’t make it to the Denver area.
Apple Rescue Of Denver (AROD) provides rare and obsolete vintage computers and parts to our customers. With rare exception, these products are USED. Products physical and mechanical characteristics are tested, photographed and described as accurately as possible. These great vintage products are as much as 40 or more years old and are still going strong! They come from individuals, collectors, repair shops, schools and business environments. While they have been cleaned to the best of our ability, they may have scuffs and scratches, discoloration, stains, permanent marker, stickers, tears or highlighting! It is also possible that there may be some odors – smoke, pet or other smells from a closed environment, etc that we are unable to detect but that you may be sensitive to. Cosmetic issues, defects and any other known or detected issues will be noted in the product description, please read carefully. Most items will not be individually shown due to time constraints. Representative photos will be shown, then variations available to add to cart. Please ask for an exact description if it is a concern.
Note that all 68xxx (pre PowerPC) logic boards have been, are, or will be soon experiencing capacitors leaking. Apple Rescue of Denver does not currently offer board level repairs. Exterior cleaning, testing and swapping components, such as floppy drives or hard drives if needed, is all that is performed prior to being made available. If the case has needed to be opened and the capacitor problem is noticeable at that time, it will be indicated in the description. Unless otherwise indicated, no other repairs have been performed. It is always possible that board levels repairs have been done prior to coming into inventory. WARRANTY on these Macs is limited
to working when you have received it only. It may be too late for working so warranty is limited to being as stated. May or may not boot when you receive it.
Variations for Books are as follows:
- New – may be wrapped or unwrapped (purchased by the case from publisher in some cases)
- Like new – Possible indications of being read one time
- Very Good – Obviously been read, but still in excellent condition. No missing pages, marks, highlighting. No tears or discoloration.
- Good – Intact and clean, but may show wear, especially on spine. May have name or price stickers, small amount of writing or highlighting.
- Acceptable – May have considerable writing or highlighting, considerable wear, soiled or stained, may be missing title or back page, may show some separation from spine. Readable.
All products listed in our website are in stock. There is only (1) available of many of the items. In the unlikely event that we can not supply due to an error in our inventory database, or any other unforeseen circumstance we will contact you promptly and offer alternatives or a full refund. Our liability is limited to the refund in full. Because mail-in orders are offered, certain items may be on hold pending payment.
We’re pretty easy to work with. Just send us an email documenting the issue, what you’ve done to diagnose it, and what is wrong. We’ll get right back asap with diagnosis and help, and if necessary, an RMA. Be sure to include your invoice number in your email, as well as an exact statement as to the issue.
The Limited Warranty offered varies and is based on the specific product. Unless noted specifically in the item description, Sold “as-is”, untested or No returns, the following apply:
- Any item sold as working is guaranteed non-DOA. If it does not work when it arrives, we will repair or replace it at our discretion.
- Hardware is guaranteed against and limited to component part failure, defect or malfunction for a period of 30 days commencing on the invoice date. The following conditions will void the Warranty: Defects or damages from abnormal use, unauthorized repairs, alterations, improper installation, and other acts which are not the fault of AROD such as electrical malfunctions, power surges, spills of liquids, etc. Returned goods that arrive damaged in transit due to improper packing will also void all warranties. Certain items may contain warranty stickers or other methods to prevent tampering. Warranty is void if seals show signs of tampering or are removed.
- Any New, sealed item that may be for sale is old stock and not under any warranty other than that it is new and sealed. New, sealed items may be returned for a refund or exchange only if it is unopened and still sealed.
- Separately sold Software (used), containing the original disks have been tested and the media and files are guaranteed to be readable upon receipt. Please carefully check the system requirements before your purchase, because there is no guarantee that it will work with your system. New, sealed software may be returned for a refund or exchange only if it is unopened and still sealed. Software that may be residing on used systems or hard drives is not to be considered part of the sale or purchase price, as we have not “sold” you that software, it is not ours to sell. There are no guarantees of any kind including fitness for use, completeness, or reliability for any Software.
AROD makes no promises, warranties or guarantees, express or implied, that a particular product sold under this policy is suitable for a particular purpose, installation or integration into any other system.
In the event of any failure, defect, or malfunction of the merchandise under this Limited Warranty, the sole and exclusive remedy available to the buyer shall be, at AROD’s sole discretion, either (1.) repair or replacement of the defective product or part or (2.) a refund of the purchase price paid by the buyer.
While it is rare, shipping damage does occur. It is your responsibility to inspect your package upon arrival—look for visible signs of shipping damage such as holes in packaging or water damage. Damage can occur even with no visible signs on the package. You must notify AROD within 24 hours of receiving merchandise that you believe is damaged. This is required so that we can initiate the claims process with the shipper. You MUST keep the original shipping box with all packing material and contents for inspection by the carrier until the matter is resolved. Only in this case can we substantiate the claim with the carriers insurance.
Disposition of the damaged items will be determined and you may be required to return them to AROD. If replacement items are in stock, items damaged from shipping will be replaced at no additional charge to you. If a replacement is not available, AROD will issue a credit or a refund.
Merchandise Return Procedures
All returns require a Returned Merchandise Authorization (RMA). To obtain and RMA#, please contact us with your request and include the following information: Your name and email, invoice number and invoice date. Item number or description and the nature of the problem or request.
- All products, other than sold “as-is”, untested or No returns, are guaranteed to work upon receipt. Please see the Warranty section for further details.
- New, sealed, hardware and software cannot be returned once it has been opened. Items sold “as-is”, untested or No returns, are not returnable.
- Warranty is limited to repair or replace. In the event the item(s) cannot be repaired or replaced, AROD will issue a refund.
- Non-Defective Returns – AROD is happy to offer a 10-day Buyer Satisfaction return or exchange for most items except software (and sold “as-is”, etc.). Within 10 days from the time you receive the item, you can request an RMA to either return the item or exchange it for a different item. There will be a 20% fee associated with all returns, this fee is necessary to cover the costs of re-testing and restocking. Exchanges will not incur a restocking fee but will be less shipping charges. Shipping charges to and from AROD are not refundable.
Once your return is approved, we will provide your RMA# and return instructions. RMAs must be received within 10 days after the date issued. You are responsible for all insurance, risks and costs associated with returning the product. Returned items must be securely packaged. ALL miscellaneous materials, such as manuals, accessories, cables, and other peripherals, MUST be included. If any of these materials are missing, the RMA will not be processed until these items are obtained. RMA number must be written on the box or label and a copy of the original receipt must be included.
Repair or replacement for defective items will be sent free of charge via UPS or USPS once defect is confirmed. If item is found to be in working condition and free of defects, a restocking fee will apply.
Limits of Liability
Apple Rescue Of Denver (AROD) makes no warranties or representations of any kind that the information provided by this website or any linked site and pointers will be uninterrupted, error-free, or that the site or the server that hosts this Site are free from viruses or other forms of harmful computer code. All such information is provided “as is,” and with specific disclaimer of any warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, or non-infringement. In no event shall AROD, its agents, or anyone else who has been involved in the creation, production, or delivery of these pages, be liable for any direct, incidental, or consequential damages resulting from the use of this website or any linked site. Linked websites are not controlled by AROD and the inclusion of any link or pointers on this website does not imply any endorsement. AROD is not responsible for any content of any linked website. The links are provided as a convenience only and for use at your own risk.
Your use of any information, materials, or products on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements. Under no circumstance will AROD be liable to you or any user for incidental or consequential damages, including damages for lost profits, personal injury or damage of another part due to failure of a part purchased from AROD, arising out of the use or inability to use products purchased from AROD.
This website is not affiliated with and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Apple Inc. For a detailed listing of Apple Inc. registered trademarks, click here. Any additional company or product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. Product images are the property of AROD and cannot be used for any reason without permission.
All Terms and Conditions subject to change without notice