$45.00 – $110.00
Asante & DaynaPORT
These SCSi to Ethernet adapters provide a way to connect a Macintosh without an Ethernet port to a network using the computer’s SCSI port. These are used for the early Mac’s without a built in ethernet port such as compact Macs, LC family, Macintosh II family, Duo Docking stations and Powerbooks that have a SCSI port.
All tested and successfully networked an LCIII and a Power Mac 7300 using AppleTalk over EtherTalk. There are a ton of sites outlining what you need to do to use these, please do your own research.
Select from the following:
- DaynaPORT SCSI/Link-T, Model DP0801, has 2 female DB-25 SCSI ports on one end and an RJ45 Ethernet port, selectable SCSI ID, termination switch and power port on the other end.
- Farallon EtherMac SCSI adapter identical to the above (not pictured).
- Dayna Pocket SCSI/Link, Model DP0901 has one female DB-25 and one HDI-30 SCSI port with a terminateable SCSI ID switch on end and an RJ45 Ethernet port and power port on the other end. With ADB passthrough power cable(not pictured).
- Asante EN/SC adapter has 2 female DB-25 SCSI ports, one BNC port and RJ45 port and a SCSI ID switch. This one also has a female DB-15 AUI port and switch on the front (not pictured). Needs external termination.
- Asante EN/SC 10T adapter has 2 female DB-25 SCSI ports, one RJ45 port and a SCSI ID switch. Needs external termination.
- Asante Mini EN/SC adapter has one female DB-25 SCSI port, one BNC and RJ45 ports, SCSI ID and termination switches. This one comes with one SCSI cable for the PowerBook (G below).
- Asante SCSI pass through cable – HDI-30 to DB-25 male/female for PowerBooks
- Asante SCSI pass through cable – DB-25 male to DB-25 male/female
Note: NONE come with an AC power adapter as I have only ever turned up is the Dayna one pictured. All but the Dayna Pocket SCSI/Link* were tested with this adapter.
Input 120V 60Hz 25W.
Output 12 VDC 800ma